Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Poor Lonely, Neglected, DUSTY Sketchbook

Now that the Minions are older (11 and 9), they aren't thrilled with me detailing their lives in my sketchbook and most especially on my blog. They know how to get to my site, and while I doubt their friends would google me, they don't want to run that risk. In fact, at this point I usually ask for permission before I post anything that concerns them.

And then there's the fact that they just don't provide as much material anymore. They're at school or friends' houses or in their rooms. They're growing up and we don't live in each others' pockets anymore.

Since it's always been the combination of drawings and stories that motivated me to pick up the book, it's been gathering dust for longer periods of time. I'm still creating, so I try not to let that bother me, but I find myself feeling guilty – almost like I'm ignoring my best friend.

I'm not afraid I'll suddenly stop after seven years, but I do need to develop a different focus. Something lets me incorporate storytelling that doesn't run the risk of embarrassing the peanut gallery.

Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! I'm so happy you stopped by!

XOXO
Karen